How to Update CCleaner :- All of want a fast and smooth computer system that performs the tasks at a blazing speed. Unfortunately, the longer we use a computer it tends to slow down. This happens due to an accumulation of junk files within the PC. In such situations, it is often recommended to use PC performance improvement tools like CCleaner. It removes junk files and boosts the speed of a computer. However, it is also important for us to keep updating CCleaner regularly. In case you don’t know how to update CCleaner and your Ccleaner app not updating due to any reason then this post is just for you. Here, we will discuss the step by step process to update CCleaner Free Version in an easy manner.
What are the Steps to Update CCleaner?
The make CCleaner perform at its peak performance, we should update it frequently. Given below are the steps by which you can update the CCleaner application easily.
- First of all, you need to open the CCleaner browser that is installed on your computer.
- After launching the CCleaner, you need to check for updates. To do that, you have to click on the “Check for updates” button.
- This button will appear at the bottom right corner of the software.
- As soon as, you click on the button, your internet browser will open and the CCleaner website will tell you if you are using the latest version of the Ccleaner or not.
- In case you are not using the latest version then the website will give you a link to the latest version automatically.
- Çlick on the link that will appear and keep following the instructions that will appear on your screen.
- You may have to restart your PC. So that, changes made by updates can get saved.
That’s it, the CCleaner Professional update is completed.
CCleaner Not Clearing Chrome History?
The Cleaner application is designed to work flawlessly. It is true that most of the time, Ccleaner works smoothly as well. However, every now and we can see users grumbling about different issues in software. One of the most talked-about CCleanerproblems is CCleaner not clearing Chrome history. Let’s check out the steps by which you can get rid of this error.
- First of all, run Google Chrome on your PC.
- Open the menu by clicking on the three vertical dots icon from the top right corner.
- From the drop-down menu, you have to click on the “Settings” option.
- After opening the settings, you must scroll down and open the “Advanced” settings.
- Again, you need to scroll down and go to the “system section”
- Then, uncheck the “Continue running background apps when Google Chrome is closed” option.
- Once you are done with disabling these settings, you may run CCleaner again.
After following all the above-mentioned steps properly, you will find that the problem of “CCleaner Skipping Google Chrome history” is resolved.
How to Fix CCleaner Not Working on Windows 7?
Many a time, it is reported by some users that their CCleaner isn’t working on Windows 7. Given below are the steps that you may try in order to fix such a problem.
- Firstly, you need to ensure that you are using the compatible version of CCleaner as per your operating system.
- In case you are using an obsolete version then you should update CCleaner immediately.
- Remove all such applications from your PC that can conflict with CCleaner.
- Try to run CCleaner in safe mode and see if this resolves the problem you are facing.
- There might be a virus infection in your PC that might be blocking CCleaner from working properly on your Windows 7 PC. So, it is recommended that you should scan your PC with a good antivirus.
- You also need to make sure that your CCleaner license key is not expired. In case you are using an expired license then you may opt for CCleaner professional renewal free or paid as applicable.
- Also, check for the Windows update and make sure they are installed.
- Given below are the system requirements of CCleaner which should be fulfilled by your computer so that it can use CCleaner easily.
- Operating System: Cleaner runs well on any of the following operating systems – Windows 10 (all editions, including 64-bit), Windows 8 (all editions, including 64-bit), Windows 7 (all editions, including 64-bit), Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012 Server (all editions). For operating system Windows NT4, ME, and 98, we recommend you to use CCleaner Version 2. For Windows 2000, we recommend you to use CCleaner version 3. Also, note thatCCleaner does not currently support Linux.
- Other requirements: Please note that CCleaner is a small, lightweight, and quick program. So, there are minimum memory or hard drive requirements.