“Nothing beats the comfort of being able to access your email on your mobile phone. It is easy to configure your Comcast email account on an iPhone. However, you need to take care of a few small things. Know how you can set up Comcast Emails on your iPhone to access them on the go”
You no longer need to have a PC or laptop to check your email. All you need is a smartphone with an active internet connection. You can open a web browser and access your email account whenever you want. However, the experience of using emails through a web browser is not as pleasant as it is after configuring the email account with your device. Today’s post is for those users who own an iPhone and a Comcast email account.
Here, we are going to show how you can set up a Comcast email account on an iPhone. You should iPhones don’t support automatic configuration for Comcast emails. So, it is compulsory for you to opt for a manual setup process. Apart from the setup methods, we will also discuss solutions to different common problems that you might have to deal with during configuration.
What are the steps to set up Comcast Email on iPhone?
As mentioned above, it is simple to configure Comcast email on an iPhone. But, you need to take care of a few small things. Let’s check out the steps given below in order to set up a Comcast email account on an iPhone.
|“Note – Before you begin adding Comcast email to your iPhone make sure it is connected to the Internet. Plus, it should not be working on airplane mode”|
- First of all, you need to tap on the “Settings” button available on the home screen on your iPhone.
- Next, you need to tap “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” and choose the “Add Account” button. This will open the “Add Account” screen where you can configure your Comcast email account.
Now, the list of various email services like Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc. will display on your screen. You will not find the option of Comcast email on the list. So, you need to scroll down and tap on the “Add Mail Account” button.
- After that, you will have to type in the required information like your Comcast email address and password.
- Tap on the “Next” button once you are done entering the necessary information.
- Next, you need to tap on the “IMAP” or “POP” button.
|“Note – You should choose IMAP or POP settings very carefully. Both these settings have their own advantages and disadvantages. However, IMAP settings are more popular and advanced than POP3 settings”.|
- In the next step, you will have to enter the following information in the Incoming Mail Server section.
- Host Name – mail.comcast.net
- Username – Enter your comcast email address
- Password – Enter the password of your Comcast email account.
- Similarly, you need to enter the following details in the Outgoing Mail Server section.
- Host Name – smtp.comcast.net.
- Tap on the “Next” and “Save” buttons after entering the Incoming and Outgoing Mail server sections.
- In the next step, you need to choose your Comcast account on the “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” screen.
- To bring up the port, you need to tap “Account” followed by “Advanced”.
- Now, under the Incoming Settings heading, you should tap “Server Port” and enter “995”.
- Next, tap “Account” and go back to the account screen.
- After that, you should go to the Primary Server heading and choose “SMTP” and then “smtp.comcast.net”.
- At the same time, you should also turn on the “Use SSL” toggle switch to green.
- In the next step, you must tap “Server Port” under the “Outgoing Mail Server” heading.
- Enter “465” against the “Server Port” field.
- Then, tap on the “Done” button after entering the details to save the “Settings”.
The Comcast email configuration on an iPhone is now completed. You may now tap on the “Mail” button available on the home screen of your iPhone to access your Comcast email account. To start sending and receiving emails, you need to tap “Mailboxes” and choose your Comcast account.
How to use Xfinity Connect App?
Do you know Xfinity has a special app that you can use to check your Comcast email messages whenever you want? Using this app is piece of cake if you have ever used an email app like Gmail, Yahoo Mail, Outlook, etc. The step-by-step process to do so is given below.
|“Note: The Xfinity Connect app is a free, downloadable app that gives you control over your Xfinity Voice and email services on your Apple and Android devices. We recommend you to opt for this app because the setup process is easy as you don’t have to enter the IMAP/ POP settings”.|
- First and foremost, you should the app store on your iPhone.
- Go to the search field and type “Xfinity Connect App”.
- Tap on the “Free” button and tap “Install App”.
- Next, you will have to enter your Apple ID password when prompted.
- After that, you must tap the Xfinity app and enter your Comcast email and password.
- Then, tap on the “Sign in” button to access your Comcast email account.
- Choose “Messages” available under the “All” tab.
- Select “Email” to view your past 25 messages.
- Tap “Load More Messages” to view more emails in your inbox.
- If you want to create a new email then you should tap on the “Compose Email” button.
Comcast Email IMAP/ POP Settings
You may either use IMAP or POP settings to add Comcast email to your iPhone. Both of these settings have some merit and demerits. We are providing both the setting you can opt for any one as per your choice.
|Incoming Mail Server Name||Imap.comcast.net|
|Incoming Mail Server Port Number||993 with SSL On|
|Outgoing Mail Server Name||Smtp.comcast.net|
|Outgoing Mail Server Port Number||587 (SMTP)|
|Username||Enter your complete Comcast email address|
|Password||Enter the password of your Comcast email account|
|If needed||143 with SSL On|
|If needed||465 (SMTPS)|
|SSL incoming (security)||ssl|
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Can I set up Comcast email account on my iPhone if I forgot Comcast email password?
Answer: No, for authentication purposes, you will have to enter your correct Comcast email password. If you can’t remember your password then you will have to reset Comcast email password and try again.
Question – 2: For what purpose can I use the Xfinity Connect App?
Answer: You can use the Xfinity connect app for a variety of purposes including Xfinity Voice and email services on your Apple and Android devices (smartphones, tablets, etc.). So, you can use this application to call or send/ receive emails.
Question – 3: Is Comcast a free email service?
Answer: Please note that you get a free Comcast email account when you opt for using Xfinity Service. After that, even if you stop using the Xfinity service you can continue using the Comcast email account for free.
Question – 4: What is the best way to use a Comcast email account on an android device?
Answer: The best way to use a Comcast email account on an android device is through the Xfinity Connect app.
Question – 5: How can I recover my Xfinity Comcast email password?
Answer: It is easy to recover your lost Xfinity email account password. You just need to follow the steps listed below.
- Firstly, you will have to visit the official page i.e. xfinity.com/password.
- Provide your Xfinity ID and Click on the “Continue” button.
- Enter the captcha code appearing at the bottom of the screen and press “Continue”.
- Choose the method by which you can verify your identity. Here, you will get “Email me”, “Text me”, “Call me”, or “Answer my secret question” option.
- After verifying your identity, you may create a new password for your Comcast email account. Make sure you meet the password requirements at the time of creating a new password.
- Finally, you will see a confirmation page when you’re good to go.