How To Watch Live TV On Your Apple TV For Free
Apple Inc. has developed a line of media player software programs for viewing television shows and films known as Apple TV. On Apple TV, you can stream content from the iTunes Store, the Apple TV Channels and can also avail subscription for the original content of the Apple TV+. You can also watch Live TV on your Apple TV by using the TVPlayer app on your Apple TV. The step by step instructions to do the same are discussed below.
- Download and open the TVPlayer app on your Apple TV.
- You can see options like Live TV, Channels, Guide, Account, etc appearing on the top of the interface.
- Navigate to locate Live TV and once found, click on it.
- A list of all available channels in your area will appear on the screen.
- Select the channel you want to watch or you can see the Guide if you want.
- Choose the programme you want to watch and select it to play on your Apple TV.
How to Watch Live Broadcast TV on Your Apple TV without Cable?
Without needing a broadcast cable, here’s how you can watch Live Broadcast TV on your Apple TV:
- HDHomeRun app provides you a way in which you can Watch Live Broadcast TV on your Apple TV without cable.
- Download the official HDHomeRun app on your device.
- You will also be required to install a third-party app (Channel is the most preferred application).
- After this app is installed on your device, simply open the app, scan for HDHomeRun, and you can now watch live broadcast TV.
How to Watch Local Channels on Apple TV?
There are different ways through which you can watch local channels on Apple TV some of which are given below.
Using an antenna and other devices as follows:
- Connect an Ethernet cable to your home’s internet modem and then connect your OTA antenna to it.
- There is no need to connect the antenna to your TV set.
- After that, plug it into a power source.
- Using the companion app on your device, scan for and watch local channels.
Using the subscription of the following services:
- AT&T TV Now
- YouTube TV
How to Watch Movies on Apple TV For Free?
How to Download Apps on Apple TV Normally, if you want to see a movie on Apple TV, you need to buy the subscription for the same. You can also watch the movies for free but only during the trial period. However, there are certain Apple TV applications using which you can watch free movies & TV shows, listed as follows:
- Tubi TV
- Pluto TV
- Comet TV
- Public Domain Movies
- Classic Films
How to Troubleshoot Problems When Your Apple TV Is Not Working?
Few things that you can try on your own to fix the not working issue of your Apple TV are mentioned below. However, if these methods do not work, you need to contact Apple TV support.
If the status light is ON on your Apple TV is off
- Wake your Apple TV by pressing the Menu or Apple TV app/ Home button on your Siri Remote.
- Unplug the power cord from your Apple TV, wait for 30 seconds and then plug the power cord back in.
- If this doesn’t works, use another power outlet. If using a power strip, make sure that the strip is turned on.
If the status light is OFF on your Apple TV but still no video appears on the screen
- Unplug both ends of the HDMI cable and then again plug them back in.
- Turn off your television and unplug the Apple TV from power
- Now again plug the Apple TV back in and turn on your television.
- Open the TV menu and make sure that the selected HDMI input matches the HDMI port connected to the Apple TV.
If the status light on your Apple TV is flashing
In case the status light is flashing for more than three minutes, you need to restore your Apple TV to factory settings to fix the issue.
If you see the Apple logo and then a black screen
- If this happens, hold the Menu and Volume Down for 5 seconds and release it after that.
- Your Apple TV will switch to a new resolution every 20 seconds.
- Click on the OK button to choose the best fit resolution and fix the issue.
Other ways of fixing the problem:
- You can try the different HDMI ports available on your television to see if this fixes the issue.
- In case the cable is causing this issue, you might want to use a different HDMI cable.
- Connect your Apple TV directly to the television instead of using receiver or HDMI switch. If this works, you can now connect your receiver or HDMI switch one at a time.