What is Google Classroom?
The modern-day classrooms are quite different from the way they used to be. Nowadays, online classes are gaining popularity quite rapidly. To help both teachers and students in taking online classes, Google has provided a sophisticated platform i.e. Google Classroom. How to use Google Classroom App for Online Classes Basically, Google Classroom is a platform which integrated G Suite for education with other applications of Google to help teacher/ student taking classes. In this article, we will provide you all the necessary details related to the Google Classroom. Here, we will let you know how to use Google Classroom as a student, how to use Google Classroom as a teacher.
How to use Google Classroom for Students and Teachers?
How to use Google Classroom App 2020 Those who don’t know how to get started with Google Classroom may go through the steps listed below.
- First of all, you need to go to the classroom.google.com and click on the “Go to classroom” button.
- Enter your Google username and click on the “Next” button.
- Then, enter your Google Password and tap next.
- After that, a welcome message should appear on your screen. Read the terms and conditions and click “Accept”.
- In case you are using the “G Suite for Education account” then you need to click on the “I’m a student or I’m a teacher” button. Please note that those users who are using their personal accounts won’t see this option.
- Click on the “Get Started” button on the next page.
- Now, if you are a teacher and looking for the class creating then you must click on the “Create a class” button.
- In case you are a student then you can click on the “Join a class” button to begin.
- Next, you just need to follow the instructions that will appear on the screen.
How to use Google Meet with Google Classroom?
Google Meet allows teachers to meet their students virtually. Here is how you can use Google Meet with the Google Classroom.
- First, you have to go to the classroom.google.com and click Sign In.
- After that, click the class button and open settings.
- Under the “General” option, you need to click on the “Generate Meet link” button.
- Now, a unique meet link should appear for your class.
- Then, click on the “Save” button from the top-right corner.
Now the link to the classroom meet is generated you can make it visible to the students so that they can join the class. You may also copy the meet link and paste it into an assignment, question, or calendar invitation.
How to use kami with Google Classroom?
In case both the students and teachers have Kami extension installed on their browser then they may check the process to use it effectively.
- Creating the Kami Assignment (For teachers)
- First of all, go to the “classroom” tab in your classroom course.
- Then, you need to click on the “Create” button in the classroom.
- Finally, choose the “Kami Assignment” from the list.
- Select the material to assign (For teachers)
- After creating the assignment you may add a title, add instructions, or attach files.
- Then, click on the “Make a copy for each student” button
- Opening your Kami Assignment (For Students)
Now, let’s see what students have to do on their side
- The student can open the file directly from the classroom into kami. In case the students have the Google Chrome extension installed they can also run the file into Kami directly from the preview window.
- Once the assignment is opened, students can complete the same using the kami tool
Note: Teachers may also grade the student’s Assignment or work through Kami.