To be able to use an Apple device along with all its features you should know your iCloud ID and Password. But, it is also a fact that many of us tend to forget iCloud Password. In case you forgot Apple / iCloud ID & Password then you won’t be able to use devices like iPhone, iPad, iPod, or Apple Watch. Thankfully, you don’t have to worry in case of losing your iCloud password because you can reset the same very easily.
In order to recover the iCloud password, you will have to verify your identity. You may create a new password once you are done proving that you are the legitimate owner of the Apple ID. In today’s post, we are going to show the correct to reset iCloud Password in a simple and straightforward method.
What are the steps to reset iCloud Password?
As more and more services are getting online, we are required to remember a large number of login credentials. This is one of the main reasons why a large number of can’t remember their login credentials. Nonetheless, you can retrieve your iCloud password with ease by following the steps listed below.
- First of all, you need to visit the apple Id login page and click on the “Forget ID or password” button that will display in the middle of the webpage.
- After that, you will be taken to a new page where you will have to provide your Apple ID or the email ID associated with your account.
- Next, click on the “Continue” button and choose the “ I need to reset my password” option.
- Now, you will have to choose the method of how you want to reset your password. You may either reset your password through email or by answering the set of security questions. The option you want to select depends upon your personal choice.
- If you opt for the method to reset the password through email then you will get a password recovery email on your email address. After sending the email, the system will show the following message – “Email has been sent” along with a large, green checkmark. In case you can’t find this email then make sure you check your spam/ junk folder.
- Click on the password recovery link that will be present in the email that you receive.
- Those who are opting for answering the security questions need to confirm their date of birth and answer the security questions
- If you answer the security questions correctly or click on the password recovery link then you will get an option to create a new password.
- Enter a new password for your iCloud account and confirm the save by entering it carefully once again.
How to reset iCloud password on your iPhone, iPad, iPad Touch, or Apple Watch with WatchOS 8 or later?
If you know the passcode of your device then you may follow the steps below to reset iCloud password.
- Firstly, you must open the “Settings” button on your iPhone/ iPad/ iPod touch.
- Tap your name followed by “Password & Security”.
- Next, you should tap on the “Change Password” button.
- Now, if you are already signed into iCloud and have a passcode enabled, you’ll be prompted to enter the passcode on your device.
- After that, you just need to follow the onscreen prompts and update your iCloud password.
How can I reset the iCloud Password on Mac with macOS Catalina or later?
Those users who are currently using a Mac device with macOS Catalina or later may follow the steps below to reset iCloud password.
- Firstly, you should choose “Apple Menu” and select “System Preferences”.
- After that, you must click on the “Apple ID” button.
- In the next step, you should click “Password & Security”. In case you get an option to enter your Apple ID password then you should click on the “Forgot Apple ID or password” and keep following the on-screen instructions.
- If you directly get the change password option then you should click on the same and enter the password you use to unlock your Mac.
Use the Apple Support App to reset iCloud Password
You may ask your family member or friend to open the App Store and download the Apple Support App on your iOS device. Run the Apple Support app and follow the steps listed below.
- Tap on the “Passwords & Security” option.
- Next, select the “Reset Apple ID password” button.
- In the next step, you must tap “Get Started” followed by “A different Apple ID.”
- Enter your Apple ID for which you are looking to reset the password.
- Tap “next” and keep following the instructions that will display on your screen until you receive confirmation that your Apple ID password is changed.
Use the Find my iPhone App to recover iCloud Password
In case your family member or friend is using iOS 9 through 12 then they won’t be able to download the Apple Support App. In such a situation, you can use the Find My iPhone app instead.
- Firstly, you should open the find my iPhone app.
- Make sure the Apple ID field is empty when a login window is displayed on your screen. In case you see someone else’s username then you should erase it.
- Tap on the “Forgot Apple ID or Password” button and keep following the onscreen prompts.
Note: If you don’t see the login window then you must tap log out and make sure the Apple ID field is empty.