How to Install Safari on Mac?
How to Install Safari on Mac If you are using an iPhone, iPad or Mac device then you might know that the safari web browser is installed and updated as a part of the Mac OS. So, there is no need to install it separately after you install or update Mac OS. However, if you accidentally uninstall Safari on Mac then you have to reinstall it back. Just go through the steps mentioned in this post, to install the Safari browser on your mac device with ease.
Reinstalling Safari on a Mac Device
- Firstly, you have to download the setup file of Safari from Apple’s website.
- The installer will open as soon as downloading gets over.
- Keep following the on-screen prompts that the installer will show you.
- Finally, restart your PC to save the changes.
How to update Safari on Mac?
Using an obsolete version of Safari can lead you to face issues with your Mac device. So, it’s a smart idea to update Safari on Mac if you are still operating an older version. Because safari is the part of the Mac operating system package you need to install macOS updates in order to update it. Check the steps to update the software if you are using macOS Mojave or later.
- Select “System Preferences” from the Apple menu and click “Software Update” to check for the available updates.
- Click on the “Update Now” button in case an update is available.
- A message stating that your Mac is up to date will appear after the update gets installed.
How to Fix Safari Not Working on Mac after Update?
Apple Mac Technical Support After installing the updates the safari browser should work smoothly on your Mac Device. However, if there are still some issues then you must check the troubleshooting measures given below.
- Make sure you are using the compatible version of Safari on Mac.
- Check your internet connection. It should be fast and uninterrupted.
- Still, if Safari browser not working on Mac then you must clear the cache. Those who don’t know how to clear Safari cache on Mac should check the following steps.
- Choose “Preference” from the Safari drop-down menu.
- Open the “Advanced tab” and check the box against “Show Develop menu in menu bar”. Then, close the preference option.
- Open the “Develop” tab and select “empty cache”.
- In case you want to clear the browser’s history then you should click “Clear history” under the history tab.
- Disable all the extensions and plugins if the problem continues. Check the following steps if you don’t know how to Reset Safari on Mac by disabling plugins.
- Click “Safari” and choose “Preferences” from the drop-down menu.
- Then, choose “Websites” and deselect all the plugins available near the bottom of the panel.
- In some cases, Safari may ask you to confirm that you want to disable the plugins. In case you want to remove plugins complete then you need to delete the file from the installation location. Usually the files are located at /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/ or ~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/ location.