How to Install macOS High Sierra From USB Windows users who wish to work on a Mac operating system can easily do so by installing this OS on their device. The step-by-step instructions to install macOS on a Windows PC are provided below.
How to Install macOS on Windows PC Without VMware
- Go to https://www.tonymacx86.com/ and click on login or Register. Do this on a Mac or else the wrong app will be downloaded.
- Provide your email address and click on ‘No, create an account now’ checkbox. Tap Sign up.
- Enter the following information into the relevant fields- name, password, date of birth and location.
- Click on ‘I agree to the terms and rules’ checkbox. Tap Sign up.
- Now go to your email inbox, open the confirmation email and click the confirmation link.
- Double-click the Downloads tab and scroll down to click Unibeast.
- Click Download Now button to Download Unibeast.
- Open your Mac’s App Store and click the search bar.
- Search for High Sierra and click the Download button. An installer will open. Close it immediately.
- Open Finder, go to the Applications folder and make sure that the installer is there.
- Go to the Unibeast folder, Open Unibeast and click on Open.
- Click Continue and Agree to the terms and conditions that appear on the screen.
- Select your USB drive and click Continue. Select High Sierra and click Continue. Select a motherboard type and click Continue.
- Enter your Mac’s password and click on OK.
- Go to the BIOS or UEFI settings page of your device and locate the ‘Boot Order’ section.
- Select Removable Devices and move your selected location to the top of the list.
- Save your settings and exit the BIOS.
- Now, move Unibeast on the USB drive and eject the device after that.
- Shut down your Windows computer and plug the Unibeast USB drive and the blank hard drive into your computer. Start your computer now.
- Select your USB drive when prompted and click
- Select a language and click on the →
- Click Continue and Agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click the utility menu item and then tap Disk Utility.
- Select the blank hard drive and click on Erase to format it.
- Click on ‘Done’ and close the Disk Utility window.
- Click the blank hard drive’s name and then on Continue.
- Wait for macOS High Sierra to finish installing.
- Open your flash drive and double-click the Unibeast file.
- Click the Bootloaders tab, select the proper bootloader and click the Drivers tab.
- Click Audio and select audio drivers.
- Click Misc and check the ‘FakeSMC’ box.
- Click on Network and select an Internet driver.
- Next, go to the Customize tab.
- Select the proper graphics options and click System Definitions.
- Select a Mac which most closely resembles your computer.
- Click the Build tab, select a drive and install the drivers.
How to Run Mac OS X Inside Windows Using VirtualBox?
If you want to run Mac OS X inside Windows using VirtualBox, you can do so by following the steps given below. You need to install VirtualBox in your device first How to Install macOS High Sierra.
How to Install macOS on VirtualBox Windows 10
- Run the VirtualBox tool and click the ‘New’ button.
- Tap on Next and choose how much RAM you want to give your virtual machine.
- Click on ‘Next’ > ‘Create New Disk’. Right-click on your OS X machine and click on Settings.
- Go to ‘System’ and uncheck ‘Enable EFI’.
- Under Settings, click on Storage and under Storage Type click on the ‘Empty’.
- Click on the ‘CD/DVD Drive’ dropdown and select ‘Choose a Virtual CD/DVD Disk File’. Choose the HackBoot 1 ISO and click OK.
- In the left sidebar VirtualBox, select your OS X machine and click the Start button in the toolbar.
- Click on the CD icon at the bottom of the VirtualBox window and select ‘Choose a Virtual CD/DVD Disk File’.
- Now, again go to the HackBoot boot screen and press F5. Choose your language and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Click on your VirtualBox hard drive and click on Erase in Disk Utility’s main pane.
- After the formatting finishes, exit Disk Utility and continue the OS X installation.
- Open VirtualBox and right-click on OS X virtual machine.
- Go to Settings > Storage section, click on the disc icon on the right side and select HackBoot 2 ISO.
- Click the Start button to reboot your virtual machine. Open up Safari and download Multibeast.
- Go to System Preferences > Security, click the lock icon and enter your password.
- Set ‘Allow Applications’ preference to ‘Anywhere’.
- Open the Multibeast icon and follow the on-screen instructions to install Multibeast.
- Open Finder, select Go > Go to Folder and type /System/Library/Extensions and press Enter.
- Also, locate AppleGraphicsControl.text file in this folder and delete it.
- Click on the disc icon at the bottom of the VirtualBox window and uncheck the HackBoot 2 ISO.
- Open Go > Go to Folder again and go to /Extra/.
- Double-click on the org.Chameleon.boot.plist file and add the following to the bottom of the file: Graphics Mode 1920x1080x32. Save the file and close TextEdit.
- Replace the first line with the path to your VirtualBox program folder.
- In the next line, replace MyVirtualMachine with the name of your machine and 1920x1080x32 with the resolution you added to your Chameleon list How to Install macOS High Sierra on a Windows PC.
- Restart your OS X virtual machine to finish the process.