Gmail is Preventing Account Access Due to Bad Gateway Error. How to Solve Gmail error 502?
If you are using Gmail for a long time then you might know it is prone to some temporary errors. One such errors is Gmail 502 bad gateway error. Actually, the 502 Bad Gateway is an HTTP status code that indicates that one server on the internet is receiving an invalid response from another server. There is no one particular browser, or operating system vulnerable to this error. In fact, this kind of problem can occur in any kind of browser, operating system or device. If you don’t know how to fix Gmail error 502 then this post can help you a lot. Here, we will discuss what you can do in order to fix Gmail 502 bad gateway errors in a convenient manner.
Different Error Messages Associated with 502 Bad Gateway Error
You should know that Error 502 is not only associated with Gmail. Actually, it can appear while using many other websites as well. You will just notice how the error message will appear on your screen. In Gmail, this error occurs with the following message – “Gmail is preventing account access due to bad gateway error”. However, this same error can appear with a different message on other websites as given below.
- 502 Server Error: The server encountered a temporary error and could not complete your request
- HTTP 502
- That’s an error
- Bad Gateway: The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server
- HTTP Error 502 – Bad Gateway
- 502 Bad Gateway
- 502 Service Temporarily Overloaded
- Error 502
- Temporary Error (502)
- 502 Proxy Error
All of the error messages listed above are different forms in which Error 502 can occur.
What are the Steps to Resolve Gmail Error 502?
Most of the time Gmail Error 502 occurs due to a malfunctioning in servers. There is not much you can do to fix the issue at your end. However, there are still a few things you can try at your end in order to resolve this problem as given below.
- Refresh the page: As soon as the error occurs you should refresh the page. You may press F5 or Ctrl + R button on your keyboard to do this. Mac users need to press command + R.
- Start a new window in your browser: Close all the windows opened and begin the new browser session. Try to open Gmail again in a new browser session.
- Clear cache of your browser: In case the problem continues, you should clear the cache of your browser. Clearing the cache is important because it will wipe out the outdated or corrupted files that being stored by the browser which is often responsible for Gmail Error 502.
- Delete browser’s cookies: Just like clearing cache, you should also clear cookies as well.
- Run your web browser in Safe mode: Running the browser in safe mode can also be an effective solution that can help your fix Gmail Error 502 with ease. Running the browser in safe mode enables you to use browser add-ons or extensions including toolbars.
- Open Gmail in another browser: In case none of the above steps resolves the problem, you may consider switching to another browser. You may any of the popular browsers like Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Opera, Safari, Internet Explorer as all of them are compatible with Gmail.
- Restart your device: Many a time, restarting your computer can also work as an effective measure to fix the Gmail temporary error. So, we also recommend you run Gmail again after restarting your PC or laptop.
- Restart your networking equipment: As Gmail 502 error is linked with servers, you may also try and fix it by restarting your networking equipment including modem, router, switches, or other networking devices.
- Check for the DNS issue: It is possible that Gmail error 502 might have occurred due to a temporary issue with DNS. So, change your DNS servers either on a router or computer and try to open Gmail once again.
- Come back later: If you are done with try all the troubleshooting measures listed above then you wait for some time. It is highly possible that the issue might have occurred due to a problem with the website’s network which will be resolved after some
Searches Related to Gmail Error
- Gmail Temporary Error 502
- Gmail Down
- Gmail Error Codes
- Gmail Temporary Error 404
- Gmail Error 2002
- Gmail Error 5927
- Gmail Temporary Error Numeric code 2