How to Fix Gmail Not Working in Chrome 2021
Gmail is one of the best email service providers in the USA. Gmail with its several outstanding features has made communications pretty easy between the users. With any issues occurring with Gmail, the exchanging of messages can come to a halt causing work loss and other issues.
That is why there comes an urgent need to fix the Gmail not working in Chrome problem as soon as possible before it creates any disturbance in work. This article provides some easy ways in which the users can fix this issue all by themselves whenever encountered.
Simple Ways to Resolve Gmail Not Working Issue
Update your Google Chrome
In case the browser version you are using is out of date you need to update it to the latest version. Although, updates to Chrome are downloaded automatically by Google once available, if not then you need to do it manually. The steps to update Google Chrome are given below:
- Open Chrome on your computer and click on the ‘more’ option at the top-right corner.
- Click on ‘Update Google Chrome’ present at the end of the menu.
- In case you don’t see this button, this means your Chrome is already up-to-date.
- Click on the ‘relaunch’ button to open the updated Chrome browser.
Try clearing cookies and caches from your Chrome browser to see if this fixes the Gmail not working problem. The steps for the same are given below.
- Open Chrome; go to more tools and select ‘Clear browsing data’.
- Click on ‘Cookies and other site data’ and ‘cached image and files’.
- Click on the ‘clear data’ button.
Disable extensions added to Chrome browser Gmail Stopped Working on iPhone
Sometimes extensions added to Chrome can create issues with the working of Gmail. Removing such extensions or disabling it temporarily can help fix the issues.
- To remove/ disable an extension, go to Chrome > More Tools.
- Select ‘extensions’ and a tab showing all the extensions added to Chrome will appear.
- Click on the ‘remove’ button to permanently remove the extension.
- However, if you cannot remove the extension, disable it by turning the toggle button to off.
Restore settings to default
Sometimes, setting the Chrome browser to its default settings can help fix many issues including the Gmail not working. You can also call Gmail Customer Service Number for more assistance.
- Open Chrome browser and go to ‘settings’.
- Click on the ‘advanced’ option.
- Go to ‘reset and clean up’ and tap on ‘restore settings to their original defaults’.
- Click on ‘reset settings’ to restore Chrome.
Check for other issues
- Make sure the problem is not with your internet.
- Your device should have all the important updates installed in it.
- There should be no issues with your email account or server.
- Check your system for the virus.
- You can also try switching the browser if needed.
How can I check if my Gmail is working?
Have you tried all the process shared above in case your Gmail not working in Chrome? Most probably your problem is solved. Now you can check if your Gmail is working in Chrome. Follow the steps below:
- Open Google chrome and go to Gmail login page.
- You’ll be asked to enter your login credentials like your username and password.
- Enter your login credentials and click login.
Hope, we have helped you to fix issue (Gmail not working in Chrome). You can also share your experience or concern through the comment box below..