The ‘Aw Snap!’ error is a very common error in web browsers that happens when your browser is not able to load web pages. And since this error is very common, Chrome Aw Snap it frustrates the users way much more as compared to any other browser-related errors. However, there are few ways in which the users can fix this problem whenever faced. Chrome users with Windows 10 in their device who are looking for a solution to this problem can proceed with this article. Aw, Snap Error Chrome Windows 10 The article provides different methods to fix Aw Snap error in Chrome permanently in Windows 10.
Different Ways of Fixing the Aw Snap Error in Chrome (for Windows 10)
Some easy yet effective ways to solve the Aw Snap Error in Google Chrome are provided below. Google Chrome Aw, Snap Every Page You do not need high technical expertise to apply these troubleshooting methods and can be implied by the users who simply know how to work with computers. Check out these different solutions one by one.
Install Latest System Updates in your Windows 10
First of all, make sure that all the current system updates are installed in your device. A system with missing important updates can show issues while working with any browser. Google Chrome Aw Snap Error Fix Windows 10 The steps for the same are provided below:
- Select the Start (Windows) button from the bottom-left corner.
- Go to Settings (gear icon).
- Select the Update and Security icon.
- Choose Windows Update tab in the sidebar (Circular arrows)
- Select Check for updates. If there is an available update, it will begin downloading automatically.
Close Unnecessary Tabs in Google Chrome
Chrome Aw Snap Error Symantec Too many tabs if opened in Google Chrome can cause the Aw Snap error too frequently. To prevent this from happening close to the unnecessary tabs from your browser. You can also go incognito if you do require opening multiple tabs.
Restart your Google Chrome Browser
Sometimes, a simple restart of your browser can fix the Aw Snap error in Google Chrome. Close all the tabs opened in your browser, refresh your device and then try opening Chrome again. Maybe this time you won’t face the issues. Restarting your device might also work in fixing the error.
Remove Unnecessary Extensions and Plug-ins From Chrome
If you have added too many extensions and plug-ins in your browser, Google Chrome Aw, Snap Something Went Wrong Every Page you might want to remove or disable those extensions to fix the Aw Snap issue.
Troubleshoot Google Chrome
You can try troubleshooting your browser to fix the Google Chrome Aw Snap error. The steps for the same are provided below.
- Right-click the Google Chrome icon present on the desktop.
- Click on the ‘Troubleshoot Compatibility’ option from the menu.
- A window opens and a scan starts running.
- Once the scan completes, open your browser to see if this fixed the problem.
Rename the Chrome Executable File
Renaming your Chrome executable file can some time fix the Aw Snap error. Follow the steps given below to rename the file.
- Open the file explorer and locate the chrome application.
- Normally it can be found in c:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application.
- Now, simply rename this file to anything other than ‘chrome’.
- Open Chrome again and see if the Aw Snap error disappears or not.
Reinstall Chrome on your Device
If nothing else works and you are still facing the issue, uninstall and then reinstall Google Chrome in your Windows 10 device.