How to Download and Install Chromium OS on PC ?
How to Download and Install Chromium OS Chromium is basically an open-source browser that uses the source-coding from Google Chrome. We can also say that Google uses open source program i.e. Chromium to develop Google chrome which is a more feature-rich and capable browser. Not as capable as chrome, Chromium is still preferred by a large number of users who want to browse the Internet. As Chromium is an open-source browser, it is available to download for any computer. However, it is true that chromium might not be compatible with all the devices. Nonetheless, in case you are looking to download and install chromium then this post is just for you. Here, we will provide you all the necessary information regarding the process to download and install Chromium.
What is the Process to Install Chromium OS to a Computer via Chrome?
The chromium browser can also be used as an extension on Google Chrome. How to install Chromium in Windows However, this method requires for you to have Google Chrome installed on your computer. Given below are the steps that you need to follow in order to install Chromium OS on a Windows Computer.
How to Install Chromium OS?
- First of all, you need to open chrome and go to the Chrome web store.
- Then, you have to search for “Chromium” in the extensions.
- The option to “Download Chromium” will be the first search result.
- After that, you have to click on the “Download Chromium” button. This button will be available through the apps section of the browser.
- Then, you just have to launch the app. This will bring up a muted grey webpage with some text.
- In the grey section, you have to find out and click on the “Download Chromium” line. Click this line will initiate the download process.
- Next, you just need to save the installer in a directory that is convenient to you.
- Now, you may open the downloaded file.
- The name of the installer is “Chrome-win32.zip”. It means the installation process will not begin automatically.
- Right-click on the zip file and extract the archive to a folder as per your wish. As per the size of the archive, it may take a few minutes to extract the content.
- Go to the folder where the file is extracted. Click on the “Chrome.exe” file in order to begin the installation.
- You should note that running from the archive will take place slightly longer in order to accomplish.
- Now, just wait for the installation process to get completed.
To add more convenience, you may drag “Chrome.exe” to the taskbar.
What are the Steps to Install Chromium via Repository?
Within the chromium repository, the chromium project is updated constantly. It is also possible to download the early versions of the browser within the chromium repository. You must note that this method is slightly more time-consuming as the repository loads slowly How to install Chromium on Linux.
How to Install Chromium Browser in Ubuntu Linux?
- You need to start by opening the repository and selecting the operating system that you are using.
- After selecting the operating system, different folders will appear on your screen.
- You must note that a large number of folders will be there with their names appearing as numbers.
- You should leave this folder in the background and continue browsing.
- Then, click on the ‘Name” heading that will appear over the column listing for the folder names twice. This will arrange the folders in a numerical manner.
- The new version of the chromium will appear at the top of the list. So, you don’t have to scroll.
- Click on the highest numbered folder to see the list of files within them.
- From the list of files, you should click on the download “mini-installer.exe” and wait for the download to get over.
- Wait for the download to get complete. Once the downloading process gets complete, you should run the “mini-installer.exe” file.
- Depending upon the version of the Windows you are currently using, you may get the security warning to appear on your screen.
- Please remember that you will get the prompt of security warning to appear on your screen only if you are using Windows 8, 8.1, or 10.
That’s it guys, the chromium browser should get installed on your PC quite easily now. However, the browser to install Chrome via repository might not work with the older versions of the windows.