How to Change Your Password on Outlook: Sometimes, certain circumstances arise forcing the Outlook users to change their password. The main reason is obviously accounting security but there can be others as well. Regardless of the reason, you can easily change your password on Outlook via the account security page of Microsoft. In this article, How to Reset Password on Outlook 365 the simple steps for changing the Microsoft Outlook password have been provided. Users who are looking forward to changing their Outlook password are suggested to go through the complete article.
When to Change the Outlook Password?
How to Change Password on Outlook 365 Under the following cases, you might consider modifying the password on Outlook account:
- In case you think that others might have seen your Outlook account password, you should change it before they gain unauthorized access to it.
- If you see a password reset link sent to your account by Outlook service provider, you might consider changing your password.
- If you have been using the same password for your Outlook account for a very long time, it is recommended that you change your password.
10 Ways to Change Microsoft Outlook Account Password?
How to Change Outlook Password on Android Phone If you know the right steps, changing the password of Outlook account is a piece of cake. For the users who do not know it, the right steps for changing the Outlook password are provided below. Make sure that you follow these steps as exactly as explained to avoid any error during the process.
- Go to the Microsoft account security page and log in to your Outlook account.
- In your account, go to the Password security option.
- Now, you will be prompted to verify your identity for security reasons. This is done to make sure that the account whose password you are trying to change belongs to you.
- For this purpose, a security code will be sent to you for verification.
- Select how you want to receive the security code- by mail on the registered email address or by text on the registered phone number.
- You will be asked to verify your email address or the last four digits of your phone number, as per the option selected above.
- After providing this information, click on the Send code button.
- A verification code will be received on the selected method. Enter this code in the specified column and tap on the Submit option.
- Once the verification process is completed successfully, you will be asked to provide a new password of your choice.
- Follow the instructions as they appear on the screen to successfully change your Outlook password.
5 Tips to Create a Strong Password?
While changing your Outlook password, Change Outlook Password 2020 make sure that the new password that you create is a strong one. Some tips for a strong password are provided below:
- Use a combination of letters, numerical and special characters.
- Create a long password (minimum 6-8 digits) as they are harder to crack.
- Never use your personal information or simple characters (like a password) as your password.
- Your password should be unique. Do not use a password that you already use for any other account.
- Do not use a password that you have used for your Outlook account in the past. Always create a brand new password.