How to Change Your Gmail Account Password?
We all know how important our Gmail account is to do various tasks on the internet like online shopping, booking cabs, ordering foods, etc. This is the reason why we should keep it safe by changing the password regularly. You must note that the password of all your Google services including Gmail, Google Drive, Docs, etc. is the same. So, whenever you change the Gmail password, the password of the rest of the Google services changes as well.
It is very simple to modify the password of Gmail if you know the exact process to do so. Keep reading this post if you don’t know how to change Gmail password. Here, we will provide the most convenient and effective process to do the same. You may also reach Gmail customer service and support for further assistance.
How can I change Gmail Password on a computer?
If you are changing the password because you suspect that your account was hacked then you should first scan your computer using a good antivirus. It is important for you to ensure that your PC is not infected with malware or keylogging software before updating the password. Given below are the steps by which you may update the Gmail password with ease and Change Gmail Password on Computer.
- To start the process, you need to log into your Gmail account using your current login credentials.
- Click on the Settings gear icon from the upper right corner of the page and choose “settings” from the menu.
- On the next page, you have to open the “Accounts and Import” tab.
- Click on the “Change password” link appearing next to the “Change Account Settings” option.
- Enter your present Gmail password and click “next”.
- Now, enter a new password for your Gmail account in the appropriate fields.
- You have to confirm the password by entering it once again.
- Finally, click on the “Change Password” button from the bottom of the window and finish up the process.
What are the steps to change the password of Gmail using an android/ ios app?
You can also update the Gmail password using its app as well. The exact steps to do the same are listed below to know. We have also written article on ‘How to fix Gmail not working in chrome’?
- Launch Gmail from your phone and log into your account if haven’t signed-in yet.
- Tap on the menu icon from the top left corner.
- Scroll down and tap on the “settings” button to open it.
- Tap your account profile and go to the “My Account” section.
- After that, you have to tap “Sign & Security” followed by “Password”.
- Then, select Change your password option.
- Enter the current password of your Gmail account and tap “Sign-in”.
- Provide the new Gmail password twice in the appropriate fields.
- In the last step, you just need to tap “Change Password”.
We have described all possible ways to change Gmail password on Desktop, Android & iOS. If you are not able to follow the procedure shared above then you may directly reach to Gmail customer service.