How to Block Websites on Different Web Browsers 2021
How to Block a Website Sometimes, to improve their productivity, or of others, users want to block websites that can be distracting such as Facebook, YouTube, etc. There can be other reasons too why someone wants to block a particular website or a bunch of websites. Luckily, there are certain easy ways available for blocking such unwanted websites on different browsers. Users who are looking for the ways for blocking a website in Windows can find the same from this article. Keep reading to know more.
Block Websites on Windows with These Steps
Depending on the browser that you are using, the methods for blocking website(s) differ. For those using the Chrome, Mozilla and Explorer browsers, the guidelines for blocking a website are discussed below.
5 Ways to Block a Website on Google Chrome
How to Block Websites on Chrome You can download and install ‘Block Site’ extension for blocking a website in Chrome. Step-by-step instructions for the same are provided below.
For Google Chrome:
- Go to Chrome web store and search for ‘Block Site’.
- Add the Block Site extension to Chrome. Upon adding, it will appear as a shield shaped icon on your web browser.
- Click on this icon and then select ‘Edit block sites list’.
- In the ‘Enter a web address’ text box, type the address of the website that you want to block.
- By clicking by (+) icon, you can add other websites that you want to block.
6 Ways to Block a Website on Mozilla Firefox
How to Block Websites in Mozilla Firefox For blocking a website in Firefox, the users can add ‘BlockSite’ add-on to their browser. Below provided are the detailed steps to block sites in Firebox.
For Mozilla Firefox:
- Go to the website https://addons.mozilla.org/ and search for BlockSite.
- Add this to your browser by following the steps as they appear on the screen.
- Now, go to Firefox settings and then to ‘Add-ons’.
- Click on the ‘Extensions’ tab and scroll down to go to ‘BlockSite’. Tap the ‘Options’ button next to it.
- You need to provide a master password and in the ‘Block a new hostname’, enter the website you would like to block.
- Click on the ‘Save’ options to save the changes.
6 Ways to Block a Website on Internet Explorer
How to Block Websites on Internet Explorer Below here are given the steps which the users can follow for blocking a website in Internet Explorer browser.
For Internet Explorer:
- Open Internet Explorer on your device and tap on the ‘Tools’ drop-down arrow.
- Select the ‘Internet Options’ option and go to ‘Contents’ tab.
- Under ‘Content Advisor’ click on the ‘Enable’ button.
- In the ‘Content Advisor’ dialog box that appears, go to ‘Approved Sites’ tab.
- Under ‘Allow this website’ text box, type the URL of the website that you want to block.
- Click on the ‘Remove’ button and then on ‘Ok’ to save the changes.
How to Block Websites on Mac Apart from these standard methods, there are many software products in website block not working the market that perform the website blocking. For blocking a website using software, you simply need to install it in your device, run the setup and follow the instructions that show on the screen to block the unwanted websites blocksite not working.