Quick Way to Fix When Comcast Email Not Working on iPhone: ‘Comcast email not working on iPhone’ is one of the most asked concerns of users worldwide. Comcast Email, also known as Xfinity email, is one of the best email service providers in the USA. You can easily log in to your Comcast email account using your email address and password and enjoy the different features offered by it. But what if you are not able to recall your Comcast email password?
So, you need to recover your Comcast email password and with your new password you can easily sign in to your account. Setting up a new password for your Comcast email is simple- all you need to follow the right steps for password recovery. So, if your xfinity connect email not working then this article can help you to reset your account password.
I have tried to discuss every possible reason when your Comcast email not working and method to get out of this. You may also share your concern(s) through the comment box below or simply reach Comcast email customer service team.
Common Errors and Issues that can occur while using Comcast email on an iPhone
One of the main reasons why Comcast email is preferred by many users is that you can use this email service on a variety of devices. This email service works flawlessly with most devices including Windows, Android, iPhone, etc. However, it is also a fact that there are some inevitable errors and issues that can cause Comcast email to show different kinds of malfunctioning. We have compiled a list of some of the most common problems that you might have to face while using Comcast email on an iPhone 11, 12, 13, Pro, IOS 14.
- Comcast email not opening on an iPhone
- Comcast email isn’t working properly on an iPhone
- Unable to run Comcast email account
- Comcast email not loading on iOS
- Unable to send Comcast email through iPhone
- Comcast not receiving emails on iPhone
- Not able to receive emails on an iOS device
- Can’t send a Comcast email on an iPhone
- Unable to send Comcast email with attachments
- Not able to load attachment with Comcast email on an iPhone
- Comcast IMAP settings not working on an iPhone
- Comcast POP settings isn’t working on iOS devices (iPhone/ iPad)
In addition to the issues mentioned above, there are many more errors that you might have to deal with while using Comcast email on an iPhone 11, 12, 13, Pro, IOS 14.
Why Comcast email not working on iPhone?
It is very difficult for us to tell you the exact reason why your Comcast email account isn’t working on your iPhone 11, 12, 13, Pro, IOS 14. In fact, anyone can tell you the proper reason only after knowing the particular issue you are facing. Given below is the list of some of the most common factors responsible for general Comcast email problems.
- Internet Connection Not Working – An internet connection is the most basic requirement in order to use the Comcast email service. Those who are not connected to the internet will not be able to use this email service.
- Compatible Browser – The browser on which you are using the Comcast email service should be compatible. In case the browser you are using is not compatible then you might face problems in using Comcast.
- Plug-ins and add-ons installed in the browser – We install plugins and add-on on our browser to make it more useful. However, sometimes, these plugins can also be problematic. In case you are also using such a plug-in then Comcast email might not work for you properly.
- Version of the browser you are using – Please note that Comcast email works at its peak performance with the latest version of the browser. It is possible that you might be using an obsolete version of the browser that’s why you are facing such a problem with your Comcast email account.
- Incorrect IMAP/ POP settings – Many of us like to configure our Comcast email account on our iPhone. However, to do the same, you need to enter the correct IMAP/ POP settings. You might have to face problems in case the IMAP/ POP settings you are entering are not correct.
- Not enough space on your iPhone – To use the Comcast email account properly, your iPhone has enough space available. You will have to face various kinds of errors in case your iPhone is running out of storage space.
- Hindrance due to third-party applications – Some third-party apps especially security apps can also cause interference with a few features of Comcast email account.
- Virus or Malware infection on your iPhone – The world of internet is full of viruses and malware. If your iPhone is also infected with any kind of malware then it is possible that you might have to deal with Comcast email not working issue.
How to fix Comcast Email not working?
Given below are the steps that you can try in order to fix the Comcast email account that is not working on an iPhone.
- First and foremost, you need to make sure that your iPhone is connected to a fast and smooth internet connection. Check and confirm that there is no problem with the mobile data or wi-fi connection. To check your internet, you may try to open any random website on your iPhone.
- Make sure that the browser you are running on your iPhone is compatible. The good thing is that Comcast works flawlessly on most browsers such as Google chrome, safari, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
- The plug-ins and add-ons installed on your browser should also be compatible. You may disable the add-ons and try to run Comcast email again to track which add-on is problematic.
- You should also make that there is enough storage space available in your device. In case your iPhone is running out of storage space then you may clear some rarely used applications.
- If the problem continues then you may disable your antivirus and try to use your Comcast email account once again.
- In case you have already configured Comcast email on your iPhone then you must make sure that you are entering the correct IMAP/ POP settings.
- Those who are unable to sign in to their Comcast email account must make sure that they are entering the correct username and password.
- Check with other users if they are facing similar issues. It is possible that Comcast servers might be down in your area.
- In case none of the above steps works for you then you should try to run the Comcast email account on another device and see if this resolves the problem you are facing.
Steps to Reset Comcast Email Password
There can be many reasons why you might want to reset Comcast Email Password. Maybe you are not able to recall it as you are logging in to your account after so long or you are not able to log in using your current known password (due to compromised security maybe).
Doesn’t matter what the reason is just following the steps discussed below to set a new password for your Comcast email account.
Step 1: Visit the official website of Comcast email idm.xfinity.com.
Step 2: Now, tap the sign-in button and click on the ‘Forgot password?’ link.
Step 3: Enter your Xfinity username, email address or phone number related to the account in the specified boxes.
Step 4: Once these details are provided correctly, click on the ‘continue’ button.
Step 5: Enter the captcha as it appears on the screen and then the method through which you want to recover your password.
Step 6: The following options are available for Comcast password recovery and you can select any method of your choice.
- Email me: A link to reset the Comcast email password will be sent on the alternate email id
- Text me: A code to reset the Comcast email password will be sent to the registered phone number
- Call me: A call containing the code to reset Comcast email password will be sent to the registered phone number
- Secret question: You can answer your security questions to recover Comcast email password
Step 7: Once you select the preferred option, tap on the ‘continue’ button.
Step 8: Provide the new password for your Comcast email account and confirm it by typing again in the given boxes
Step 9: You will see a confirmation page on the screen once your new password is sent successfully.
Comcast Email Not Working 2021
We have shared the solution when your Comcast email not working. Indeed, it’s a simple approach. Still, if you are not able to fix Comcast email not working then i suggest you to share your concern through the comment box. Resetting Comcast email password is one of the solution you can follow, there may be some other issues. You need to check your device performance as well.
Users can also read our article on how to change Comcast email password on Outlook. This article is excessively helpful for users who unable to reset their Comcast email password on Outlook.
How to Create a Strong Password for your Comcast Email Account?
In order to avoid issues like Comcast email not working on ipad, Xfinity Connect Email Problems, xfinity connect email links not working etc, we suggest users to create a strong password for their Comcast account so that it can’t be compromised. Some helpful tips on how you can create a strong password and keep your account safer are provided below. These tips will restrict unauthorized access to your Comcast email account:
- Make a longer password as they are hard to crack.
- Do not use personal information as your password.
- Use a combination of letters, numbers and special characters in your password.
- Avoid using the same password for different accounts. It may be easier to remember but more prone to hacking.
This article is all about how to fix if your Comcast email not working on iPhone or iPad. We also suggest users to change their Comcast email password regularly for security purposes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: Is it possible to sign up and create a new Comcast email account?
Answer: No, you can’t create a new Comcast email account as the service is now merged with Xfinity.
Question – 2: What is the correct IMAP setting to add Comcast email on an iPhone?
Answer: The correct IMAP setting to set up Comcast email on an iPhone is given below.
- Incoming Mail Server Name – imap.comcast.net
- Incoming Mail Server Port Number – 993 with SSL ON
- SSL – yes
- Username – Enter your complete Comcast email address
- Password – Enter your Comcast email password
- Outgoing Mail Server Name – smtp.comcast.net
- Outgoing Mail Server Port Number – 587 (SMTP)
Question – 3: I don’t have a phone number or alternate email ID associated with my Comcast email account. How may I reset my password?
Answer: To reset your password in such a situation you need to answer the security questions linked with your Comcast email account.
Question – 4: Can you tell me what are the compatible browsers with Comcast email?
Answer: Please note that the Comcast email account is compatible with browsers like Google Chrome, Safari, MS Edge, Firefox, etc.