Bellsouth Email not working on iPhone 2021: Thanks to technological advancements, you no longer need a computer to check your emails. As long as you have a mobile phone with an internet connection, you can access your email account with ease. As far as using a Bellsouth email account on iPhone is concerned, you can do it either by using IMAP/ POP settings or by opening Bellsouth email through the safari browser. Usually, Bellsouth email works smoothly on the iPhone. However, every now and then, we can see users grumbling that their Bellsouth Email not working on iPhone.
Keep reading this post if you own a Bellsouth email account and can’t use it on your iPhone. Here, we will discuss the steps by which you can fix Bellsouth’s email not working on iPhone/iPad and Bellsouth email setting issues.
Why Bellsouth.net Email Account not working on iPhone 2021?
There are multiple reasons possible why your Bellsouth email might not be working on an iOS device. Some common reasons for problems in using Bellsouth email on iPhone are given below. You can also read our article on ‘How to login to Bellsouth email account’.
- Slow and interrupted Internet connection
- Incorrect Email settings.
- Account blocked by Bellsouth
- Low storage space in iPhone
- iPhone infected with a malware
- Using incorrect login credentials
- Software conflict due to a problematic app installed on your iPhone.
Details about the reasons why Bellsouth email is not working on iPhone 11, 12, 13 Pro?
There are a lot of factors due to which you might have face problems while using Bellsouth email account on iPhone. Let’s discuss each of the reasons with necessary details.
- Problem with the Internet Connection – You should know that the Internet is the most basic requirement to use a Bellsouth email account on an iPhone. If you are not connected to the internet will not be able to open a Bellsouth email account on an iPhone.
- Depleting storage space on your iPhone. – To use a Bellsouth email account or any other app on an iPhone, the device should have enough storage space. In case the storage space is running out then you will have to deal with various kinds of errors and issues.
- Incorrect Email settings – You can use Bellsouth email on an iPhone through safari or any other browser. However, the best way to access the Bellsouth email account on an iPhone in configuring the same using IMAP/ POP. Those who are using incorrect IMAP/ POP settings might have to deal with different kinds of problems.
- Malware or virus infection – It is a fact that there is no device in the world that connects to the Internet and completely immune to malware infections. If your iPhone is infected with a virus or malware then it can stop the smooth workflow of the Bellsouth email account.
- Missing iOS updates – You should note that Bellsouth email works best with the latest version of iOS. If the version of the iOS you are using is outdated then you might have to deal with various kinds of errors and issues.
- Incorrect login credentials – The most common reason why users have to deal with Bellsouth sign-in issues like unable to login, can’t sign, password not working, is entering the incorrect login credentials.
- Software conflict due to another app – Although it is rare, still possible that you might be facing a Bellsouth email problem due to a software conflict with another app. There are some apps available on the internet that can hinder the smooth functioning of Bellsouth email. In case you are also using such an application then Bellsouth email might not work for you.
- Bellsouth email servers might be down in your area – Bellsouth is an Internet-based application. It is possible that servers of Bellsouth (AT&T) might be down in your area due to which you are unable to use Bellsouth email. You don’t have to do anything to fix this problem because the AT&T team might be already working on the same.
How to Fix Bellsouth Email Account not Working on iOS 14 Devices – iPhone/ iPad?
Here are the steps that you may follow to fix if your Bellsouth email accounts not working on iPhone.
- First of all, ensure that you are connected to a fast and smooth internet connection.
- Check and verify that IMAP/ POP settings you are using to set up Bellsouth on iPhone are correct. If not, then you need to re-configure the same using the correct settings.
- Make sure your iPhone/ iPad is not running out of storage space.
- Reload Bellsouth email after clearing cache, cookies, etc. if you are using it through the Safari browser.
- Uninstall all such applications that may stop Bellsouth email from running properly.
All the steps mentioned above are applicable for problems like Bellsouth not opening, not responding, not working, etc.
Bellsouth Email Password Reset
In case you are unable to sign in to your Bellsouth email account due to forgetting the password then you should check the steps below for Bellsouth Email Password Reset OR Bellsouth Email Password Recovery. You may also reach Bellsouth email support for more assistance.
- Firstly, you need to visit the Bellsouth login page (AT&T webmail) and click on the “Forgot password” link.
- Provide your Bellsouth email address in the User ID field and click “Continue”.
- Select the method of password recovery i.e. either by receiving a temporary password or by answering security questions.
- Answer the security question or enter the temporary password that you will receive on your phone or alternate email ID.
- Enter a new Bellsouth password in the appropriate field and confirm the same.
- Finally, you can now log in to Bellsouth email using your new login credentials.
Advanced solutions to fix Bellsouth email not working on an iPhone 12 pro
Let’s discuss some advanced solutions that you can try in order to fix the Bellsouth email account that is not working on an iPhone.
- First and foremost, you have to make sure there is no problem with your internet connection. To check the same, you should ensure that your phone is connected to a mobile data or wifi connection.
- If you prefer using a Bellsouth email account through any browser like safari, chrome, etc. Then, you must confirm that you are using the latest version of the browser.
- Those who have configured Bellsouth email account on their iPhone must make sure that they are entering the correct IMAP/ POP settings. The correct POP/ IMAP settings to use Bellsouth email on an iPhone are given below.
- IMAP Settings
- Inbound Server – imap.mail.att.net
- Inbound Port – 993
- SSL – Yes
- Outbound Server – smtp.mail.att.net
- Outbound Port – 465 or 587
- IMAP Settings
- POP Settings
- Inbound Server – inbound.att.net
- Inbound Port – 995
- SSL – Yes
- Outbound Server – outbound.att.net
- Outbound Port – 465 or 587
Note – The above settings will work with an email address with any of the following domains – @sbcglobal.net, @snet.net, @swbell.net, @ameritech.net, @att.net, @bellsouth.net, @currently.com, @flash.net, @nvbell.net, @pacbell.net, @prodigy.net, or @wans.net.
- Make sure that you are not entering the incorrect password and username. If you can’t remember your correct password then you should reset the same and create a new one.
- Try to open a Bellsouth email account on another device to see if this resolves the problem you are facing.
What are the Bellsouth email password requirements?
No matter you are changing Bellsouth’s email password or resetting the same. You will have to enter a new password for your account. To create a good password for your account, you should know the Bellsouth email password requirement. A few of these requirements are as follows.
- The length of your password should be more than 6 characters.
- At the same time, the length of your Bellsouth email password should not be less than 24 characters.
- The password of your Bellsouth email account should have at least one alpha-numeric character and at least one numeric character.
- The letters and numbers included in your Bellsouth password cannot be sequential. For example – your password cannot be like abcdefgh or 12345678.
- You are not allowed to include special characters, except hyphen (-) and/or underscore (_) into your Bellsouth email password.
- Your Bellsouth email password cannot be the same as your Username/ Member ID.
- Please note that Bellsouth email passwords are case-sensitive. So, take care of the same while entering a new term as a password.
Frequently Asked Questions
Let’s discuss answers to some of the most commonly asked questions related to the Bellsouth email account.
Question – 1: Is it possible to create a new email account with bellsouth.net domain?
Answer: No, the company (along with email service) is now merged with AT&T. So, you can’t create a new email account with bellsouth.net. However, you may sign-up for a new AT&T email account.
Question – 2: I want to add my Bellsouth email account on Outlook 2016. Can you please tell me the correct IMAP settings to do so?
Answer: The correct IMAP settings to add a Bellsouth email account on Outlook 2016 are as follows.
- Incoming mail server – Enter imap.mail.att.net (IMAP)
- Outgoing mail server – Enter smtp.mail.att.net (IMAP)
- User Name – Enter your full email address
- Incoming Server – Enter 993 (IMAP)
- Outgoing server – Enter 465
- SSL – yes
Question – 3: I was looking to run the Bellsouth email account but Temporary Error 17 appears on my screen. What should I do in order to fix the problem?
Answer: To fix this kind of problem you need to try the following troubleshooting measures.
- First of all, you need to sign out of Bellsouth’s email account from all devices and programs.
- Then, you must clear your browser’s cache and cookies.
- Next, you should restart your browser to see if this resolves the problem you are facing.
- Sign in to your Bellsouth email account and check if the problem continues.
In case none of the above steps resolve the error then you may wait for some time and try to access your account again.
Question – 4: What are the troubleshooting steps that I should follow in order to fix the Internet connection error occurring while loading a Bellsouth email account on a Mac device?
Answer: To fix this problem on a mac device, you should try the following troubleshooting measures.
- Choose “System Preferences” from applications.
- Then, select “Network”.
- Scroll down to the bottom and choose the “Assist Me” option to launch the network assistance tool.